Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Changing Units

audctrl

Here is an interesting one, I have an "L" shaped part modeled in mm. Each leg is 50mm long and its depth is also 50mm with a thickness of 10mm. Say I want to turn this into and inch part (Same Size) no problem so far.

After conversion here is what I get:

Leg Length and depth= 1.96850393701

Thickness = .393700787402

What I would like to see is 1.969 for each leg and depth and a thickness of .394. Is there some way to round all of the dimension so that I will not have to edit every single dimension of the part?

Hey,

I don't know of a way of doing this automatically (probably a cnofig.pro option), but I got something that might help. After converting it...go into the edit definition the sketch the select the sketch toolbar > options > parameter tab...then modify the num digits to a desired amout.I will look too see if I can find that proe config.pro option....

Omar

Show all the dimensions in a drawing. Change the selection filter to dimensions. Window select all the dimensions. RMB/properties. Change the number of places to 3. Regen.

Alternately you could just show secondary dimensions as inches in the drawing (no primary) and leave the part metric.

I thought of that too and it didn't work by changing the sketcher options. But then again I didn't regerate the part afterwards either. hmm I'll give it another try.

Make sure in your config.pro you have:
create_drawing_dims_only = no

Then after you do your unit conversion:

Create a new drawing with this part.
Do a show all dimensions using show/erase.
Select all dimensions at once and then edit properties to set number of decimal places to 3. ->Ok

Regenerate.

Now all the dimensions in your part will be 3 decimal places.

turn the create_drawing_dims_only = yes
if that's what you normally set it as.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back