Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Changging Background Color?

gikiian

How do you change the background color so that it does not change back to default color the next time you open Pro-E?

Also, in the enhanced reality options, I want my own customized settings so that I doon't have to repeat the process everytime I open Pro-E.

And I want all the datum features to be turned off at startup. What should I do?

regarding the background. Create a "syscol.scl" file andhave your config.pro to look at it by using the config:

system_colors_file -"your searchpath"

regarding datums- There are some configs to be set:

display_axis - no

display_planes -no

display_points -no

//Tobias

After changing your background, you can click File /Save (in the System Colors dialog box). This will save the syscol.scl file mentioned above. Then add the config option mentioned.

'Enhanced Reality' options must be something post WF3 so I'm not sure but maybe you can do something similar. <tg>

Tools / Options

Use the Find button and search keyword 'system'. You'll see 'system_colors_file' as an option. Select that and then Browse for your saved file. Add/Change and then save your configuration file to your start directory (click the floppy disk icon to save).

That brings up a question, when will the world move away from the 'floppy disk' icon? Soon, no one will remember what that little picture represents.
smiley36.gif

Hi telecom guy ...again....
where to save config file when u say
""""then save your configuration file to your start directory (click the floppy disk icon to save)."""

...what is my start directory?
regards

Assuming you are using Windows, right click your desktop icon that you use to launch ProE and select Properties. In the Target: field is the path to the executable file. In the Start in: field is the path of your start directory. If there's not a path here, then you are probably starting in yourinstall folder. The goal is to save the config.pro back to where ever you start ProE so it will be read in the next time you start ProE.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back