Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Change bg in renderer

View-->Display Settings-->System Colors-->Edit the background using Color wheel for top and bottom Screen.

Is this the one you are expecting..Let me know...

Thanks

Murthi

It does not work, I have the same problem. I need to switch black background in renderer to white (in rendered picture). Using system color you can change only bg in ProE. Any idea?

view> model setup> room editor

setup the room will do..

smiley1.gif

Thanks Murthi, but as Rainmaker says it doesnt work as planned doing that trick.
I tried using room editor, but it only makes the part rendered in a room (white walls are possible. But it doesn

I think but could be wrong that its only possibe with Advanced Render Extension. In those menus you can select a backgroundcolor and or background picture, not with the std. render

Nick

yes, the background options is only available in ARX (advanced rendering extension). maybe u can try this tricks

create a green color wall and bring colser to your object. Make sure
the light is good enough to see ur object + green background.

after that, use a image editing software to do some touch up. Photoshop will be good. Replace the green background to white.

This is the using by graphic designer

Try unchecking the 'Render Room' option in Render Options, and use TIFF files instead of JPEG. TIFF files support transparent backgrounds - JPEG files do not.

You should have a transparent background. It still shows as black in the render window and the Pro/E previewer, but if you open it with an image editor you will see that it is transparent. I do this all the time to create concept presentations using PhotoShop.

That should work even better for you than a white background.

EDIT: You need to turn on 'Render Alpha' in Render Options for this to work.

Edited by: jeff.spicoli

The problem with these kind of tricks is that you get border effects. Anti-aliasing works on the border pixels and blends them in with the background. Having a white or black background influences the way the blending goes. Transparency only works on a single colour, meaning that you are left with a blended border around the object that doesn't match any background any longer.

Alex

Note:

I edited my original post; I forgot to mention that you need to check 'Render Alpha' in Render Options. The alpha channel creates the transparency.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back