Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CHAMFER ASSEMBLY MODE

nicolas d

I have a assembly on which I made a few cut and holes in assembly mode.

When I try to create a chamfer with the chamfer tool I'm not able to select an edge.(Still in assembly mode)

I can create a new cut and make the chamfer this way but it's not clean I would prefer to use the chamfer tool.

Nicolas

You cannot use chamfer tool in assembly mode. Though, you can create cut and intersect all the parts you would like to "chamfer". Chamfers are always done in part mode.

u can do one thing, activate the part on which you want to do chamfer in assembly mode & use chamfer tool for the same then again activate the assembly...

Guru.hm said:
u can do one thing, activate the part on which you want to do chamfer in assembly mode & use chamfer tool for the same then again activate the assembly...

..but this way is the same as chamfering the edge in the part mode. Only you don't need to open the part but just activate it.

The problem is that the edge is created by to cut in the assembly and thismean that the chamfer is reduced or cuted away.

I also realised that the chamfer optionwas disabled in assy mode until you created a hole.

Thanks for you help.

I'll use either solution at the end it's easyer tomanufacture a chamfer on the part before it's welded to a big frame.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back