Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CBR 1100 Blackbird

johngbckwrds

This was a project for our collage course. It took 1500 hours or so over 10weeksbetween 5 of us. The computers we were us could not open the full bike with out crashing. There was over 280 parts on the bike that would open but there was parts that had to be left off. We couldnt render the bike using anything better the draft photorender. Hope ye thing it is ok.

here is the linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxLrfTZHik

This is my dream, having the time to get into all the deatils, making all of the aspects of th model work. I even see that the speedo works. My guess is you get to know a lot of aspects of the program that you normally don't get into. Sometimes I have the feeling that I'm only scratching the surface of the functionality of Pro/E. That's why it's so helpful to me to see so many people out there that face different problems, and get help here. Everyone learns.

Great work, guys and gals.

Sip

Nice job!

Keep performing like that!
smiley32.gif

Incredible. I love it. Now perform a conjugate heat transfer analysis on the brake pad/rotor to get the actual temp profile. Like this: http://www.feainformation.com/avilib/609.avi

May I ask how you got the gage needles move? I have not dabbled with animation too much. Did you create a mechanism?

This is motivation for cadhead/gearheads like myself. Keep up the good work!

Top work, a big thumbs up for the whole team, you got to be into this to really value the work required to create something this elaborate.

Nick

quite impressive. Did you guys take the engine apart when modeling everything? That should be enough to get a job any place.

Thanks lads, We put this on some other forums but the feed back wasnt great. They thought it was little more then a coloured drawing. Good to see that some poeple can see the hard work in it.

As for the engine all we had was a scale model and picture of the head and top of the block, we knew the piston size and scaled from there.

Why didn't you chose a more bad ass engine like the Yamaha R1 or that new Ducati four cylinder Moto GP bike. Now that would be a project to reverse dream about.

Impressive work... now make some detail drawings so you can get a job!!!! Try Caterpiller in the US they hire 20 or so TN visas per month till TN visas run out. Big demand for engineers in the states especially if you know Pro/ENGINEER like you do!

Edited by: design-engine

This is very impressive. Your team deserves a lot of credit for attempting such an ambitious project.

Where is your school located? There are a lot of colleges that teach PRO-E, but few if any have produced such fine results.

You chose my favorite motorcycle for the subject. There was so much detail, that it would be very hard to tell the difference between this model and reality, if the model was rendered for each frame of the animation.

When you are looking for employment after your schooling is complete, Harley-Davidson could use such expertise.

Congratulations.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back