Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Catching "mode" command

appinmi

I have a lathe with dual heads and live tooling. I have created a "mill-turn" post-processor with live tooling.My "workcell" in Pro/e is a "mill-turn" with 5 axis. Pro/e does great at outputting the "MODE/TURN" and "MODE/MILL" commands in the CL file. I need to "catch" the "MODE/MILL" command so that I can alter the "M" code to use the live tooling. I have tried to make a macro for it, "CIMFIL/ON,MODE", but it will not do anything. I even tried to only output some text within this macro, but nothing happens.

I have tried inserting a "MODE/INCR" command into the CL file. I couldn't catch this one either. Anybody out there have any clue what "G-POST" does with this command?

G-POST uses the MODE/TURN and MODE/MILL commands to switch between your mill and turn post processors. To use these commands to alter or add additional output you need to read the record and determine whether it is MILL or TURN and then take whatever action you need. Here is an example:

CIMFIL/ON,MODE
XX=POSTF(20)
GOTYP=POSTF(7,4)
IF(GOTYP.EQ.ICODEF(MILL))THEN
INSERT/'M98P9000$'
POSTN/OUT,G,0,C,0
AUXFUN/86
MODTYP=2
XX=POSTF(21)
XX=POSTF(13)
ENDIF
IF(GOTYP.EQ.ICODEF(TURN))THEN