Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

carrying dimensions from assembly to part

navanee

Icreated a part drawing with all dimensions (large no of dimensions)shown. But later i realised that the part drawing is not necessary and only the assembly drawing containing the part is needed.

Iadded the assembly model to the part drawing and tried to switch the dimensions from the part drawing view to assembly view. it did not work.

Is there any possibilityof switching dimensions between different views but of different models? (i.e. from part view to assembly view - the assembly contains the same part).

You cannot move dimensions from a "part" view to an "assembly" view. But you can accomplish the same thing by erasing the dimensions from the "part" view, then "show" dimensions from the part in the "assembly" view. You will probably have the re-arrange the dimensions to clean up the view, but they will retain their tolerances.

You do not need to erase the dimensions from the part view before showing the dimension in the assembly view. I would suggest doing one view at a time, then erase the dimensions from the part view follwed by deleting the part view.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back