Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

can’t create broken view

burnsp

WF2 - I'm trying to create a broken view from within a general view. After selecting broken and adding the break, the direction defaults to Horizontal and I want it to be Vertical. What's weird is that on another similar part, it defaults to Vertical.

How do I set the Broken view from Horizontal to Vertical? TIA!

As I should have donebefore posting this, I did a forum search for 'broken view'. A previous post from Wali asked thissame questionand gotseveral replies but it seems the problem was never solved. Pro/E defaults to a Horizontal break and the box is greyed out so you can't select a Vertical break.

Wali - did you (or anyone else)solve this problem?

Problem solved!Well, at least a work around...

I created another General view exaclty the same as the first and on this new view I can create whatever broken view I want, horizontal or vertical! It seems that something has happened to the first view causing it to default only to horizontal. I'll just have to move all the dims and notes to the new view.

pmack -Ican drag a line only when the direction is undefined, not when it defaults to horizontal.

A projection view is bound to have either horiz or vertical break due to the rules of projection (a view projected on the right hand side of a general view can not have a horizontal break).

A general view is the only one that can have both breakorientations as it is not tied to a parent view.

The problem I reported here was with a general view. Creating a new general view solved the problem. Kind of like restarting Pro/E or Windows to solve a software problem.

Can't help with your problem but thought you might want to be aware of this: http://www.proefaq.com/

<tg>
<H2>Tip of the Week</H2>
<H3>You break that view, you bought it!</H3>

That's right, there's no way to remove a break from a view in Wildfire2. Better consider that before you put a lot of time into detailing a broken view. This seems like another WF2 oversight. Hopefully, there's an SPR or enhancement request out there to fix this.
Edited by: telecomguy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back