Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Call for Abstracts 2009

design-engine

2009 PTC/USER Presenter Terms and Conditions

http://www.ptcuser.org/2009/cfpterms.html

The deadline is today for your one pager. Do it and lets do it right in Orlando in June!

I put two rough drafts together ... one using Surface Edit on motorcycle seats and the other using RSD Pro/SURFACE and Pro/CABLE all at the same time on a motorcycle frame and electronics ...For that one i was going to try to go from scratch in an our with RSD all the way thru the harness design.

You got till midnight but I bet you could get an extension if you asked.
Edited by: design-engine

I had forgotten it was today, I though I missed it yesterday. I'm too busy, unfortunately, to put one together for this year.

I prepared two abstracts....

PRESENTATION THUMB MAIN one:
Using Curves, Surfaces, and new functions within Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 new ISDX functions such as'Surface Edit' [url]http://www.proetools.com/courses/pro_surface/level8surfaceed it.htm[/url], I will manage a series of significant ergonomic modifications to enhance how motorcycle seats will feel when seated upon. This presentation is an advanced presentation sharing wildfire 5.0 surfacing tools. Beginners looking to gain insight into surfacing and experts looking to gain a more complete understanding with specific work flow specifically for the wildfire 5.0 ISDX 'Surface Edit' functionality.

Tittle: Making drastic ergonomic changes in Pro/ENGINEER - a Wildfire 5.0 'surface edit' real time primer

Models: Bionic Finger (see bionic finger search on youtube.com), Harley Davidson Seat, Yamaha Motocross Motorcycle seat.

PRESENTATION THUMB MAIN two:
Using an existing Ninja motorcycle frame created in Pro/ENGINEER wildfire 5.0 a model complete with with Lights, electronic controls, command modules.... yet no existing RSD or Wiring harnesses created, I will build a wiring diagram using RSD, make the appropriate preparations in RSD and to the Pro/ENGINEER assembly then route wires, problem solve routing issues and complete a wiring harness all within the hour allotted.

PTC/USER World Event 2009 - Call for Papers deadline extended

We are briefly extending our Call for Papers deadline to Friday, January 9. We have been inundated with last-minute submissions as well as requests for more time, so we are going to accept additional submissions for a couple more days.

To submit an abstract, you must login to the portal. The Call for Papers link is:

http://portal.ptcuser.org/index.php?mo=cm&op=ld&fid=144

Regards,

PTC/USER Conference Team

DOUG: you can work on it late Friday night too. After work today just scriblle some notes... Get it to jell on the drive home... then write it up before you go to bed... then rework it some firday night.Ill send you the ones ive done in the past. ABSTRACT=ROUGH DRAFT

I always put the finishing touches on it before midnight and fire it off late like that.And you can ask to speak at your local Pro/E users conference ... so to practice.I have been trying to speak at the NPUG meeting for a while. They look at me as a vendor presentation and not a user presentation. maybe you could have a word with those guys and we talk back to back. The one i went to in OH was at Moen.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back