Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

brocken view

venu2citd

hi
everybody
i created a Broken view for Auxilary view, but i m not able to create break lines as i need,

it is taking break lines horizontal or vertical.

can i create a break line perpendicular to shown edge?

View attachment 4267

Hi
everybody
Don't forget to answer

smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif

Hi Venu

Try to rotate your view, so that the edge will be horizontal or vertical. Then try to break it. I think it is one of the solution you need.

Regards,

Deepak

I dont know which version you are using, for WF2, you get an option in the property box to sketch your own shape of breakline...

i hope we are on same page :)

Edited by: vbvbvb

vbvbvb said:
I dont know which version you are using, for WF2, you get an option in the property box to sketch your own shape of breakline...

i hope we are on same page :)

smiley5.gif
I think u have misunderstood the problem.

When creating broken view it is possible to break horizontal or vertical break lines only, inclined lines are not possible. Venu needs to break it as inclined line.

I just refered Engineering Graphics Book, According to that Broken View for Axialiary View is not allowed. its not a ProE bug :)
Edited by: vbvbvb

My requirement is like that, bcoz it has 1 meter length

has that book mentioned that, should not be created brocken views for axialiary view?

Does the side view have to be orthogonal? If the detailed face used for the axilliary projection is normal in any view you can make a break in a child-projection:

View attachment 4369

I believe the correct method (if you need an aux for the post-face) is to show a partial view of the auxilliary:

View attachment 4370

"Inclined" broken lines may require not only for auxiliary views, but also for ortogonal views of long nonlinear parts or for pictorial (isometric) views of long parts. Usually I am applying two ortogonal breaks (vertical and horizontal) and moving 4 "subviews" as required to get part's portions aligned.

View attachment 4371

View attachment 4372

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back