Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Boundry blend boundry question

nofalloff

I have want to create a surface via the boundary blend tool. Of the 2 first direction curves, one is made of 3 segments and the boundary blend tool is noting them as 1st and 2nd chains when I want them as one. They are tangent. Is there a way to merge them to one?

Thanks

yes. It is kinda an intermediate users trick. Approximate composite.

From your screen shot I see your lower curve is the problem with two segments. Select on segment of the curve using your query select. Use your <CNTRL C> <CNTRL V> options on the selection. Use Shift to add to the selection so you actually select both curves... Now look for the approximate vs exact option and wa-la.

One of our students got a job in Michigan today! I say it again... Michigan has the jobs right now. You just have to have the right stuff.

Youshould be ableto select Chain 2 as a One-by-One. The mistake is selecting the next curve while holding the Ctrl key (making it Chain 3).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back