Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bottle analysis

create bottle and cap both using thin features, shell both(inside mechanica)and then assemble both. Fill the gap inside mechanica.

Now use 3 point constraint technique, apply pressure load.

In the second convert thin to solid to accomodate variable thichness and run again using solid mesh.

I hope this is enough help.

Israr

eltiseba,

I have been modeling the same thing for quite some time now. This is the way that I have been doing it:

1. Model the bottle in standard, and shell the bottle, but do not remove the top surface, let it there. I do this because I am assuming that the cap is infinetly strong enough to hold the pressure load
2. In mechanica, add a constraint to the top surface and hold it fixed. Goes back to my assumption that the cap is infinetly strong.
3. Add a pressure load to all the internal surfaces of the bottle and then run the analysis.

The only problem with this method is that I am not taking into account the variable thickness of the bottle, but when I have been setting up my models, I have been shelling them to the min wall thickness. This is fairly simple method, but I have been getting pretty good results as far as deflection and stress compared to the actual parts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back