Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

bom_format

soboyle

Having trouble geting the bom_format.fmt to correctly read our parameters. I found another question here with an example of the bom_format.fmt file pasted below, and used that as a starting place. The system parameters are reading fine, qty, name, but when I try to use our parameters, description, material_ln_1 etc I just get a blank column in the BOM file. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

.breakdown
%$type %$name contains:
.titles Qty; Name; Type; Material; Cost;
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
.row %$quantity[-5d]; %$name[-18.18s]; %$type[-9.9s]; %material[-30.30s]; %cost[-6.2f]
============================================================ ====================
.summary
Summary of parts for assembly %$name:

.titles Quantity; Name;
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
.row %$quantity[-5d]; %$name[-20.20s]

TOTAL COST: $%[$total(cost)][7.2f]

TOTAL PART COUNT: %[$total($quantity)][-5d]

Figured it out, user definedparameters need to be called out with just the % sign in front, as opposed to system parameters which require the %$ preceding the name.

So here is whata simpleworking file looks like, note that the user defineddescription parameter is using just the % sign.

.breakdown
%$type %$name contains:
.titles Qty; Name; Description
.row %$quantity[-5d]; %$name[-20.20s]; %description[-40.40s]
============================================================ ====================
.summary
Summary of parts for assembly %$name:

.titles Quantity; Name; Description
.row %$quantity[-5d]; %$name[-20.20s] %description[-40.40s]

TOTAL COST: $%[$total(cost)][7.2f]

TOTAL PART COUNT: %[$total($quantity)][-5d]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back