Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bom problem2

sip

I have the same sort of thing as Jelston, and I don't know how I'm going to deal with it yet.

I have fifteen deck planks for a trailer, of which one has an assembly cut. It shows up on a separate line in my BOM.

Is there a way to get the BOM to behave?

Thanks,

Sip

If all 15 planks are the same part, and it is only an assembly cut, it should not separate that line out. Do you mean you have one part that is a different part with all the same parameters as the other 14?

How is your BOM sorted... by Part Number? Are all 15 pcs the same Part Number? All BOM fields identical? Description, etc?

When you create assembly cut to the part, Pro/E will automatically calculate mass properties of assembly and therefore change the mass of assembly-cut part. With that the BOM will change and that cut part will be shown as new item in BOM.

To avoid that, open cut part, calculate mass properties, regenerate part and save it. Then comment mass properties relation and save it again. This way you will freeze mass of cut part and Pro/E will not calculate it in assembly and for the BOM but will use "saved" mass of the part.

You won't have the right mass of cut part but you will have right items in BOM.

We have the same issue. PTC told us it's a bug in the software and depends on version and date code. We were told it was fixed in WF M180 but it wasn't.

PTC didnt' seem to be concerned that it was a big problem, hope you get further with them than us. It causes us problems weekly in the manufacturing plant.

We've found that if you open the drawing and don't regenerate it seems to stay on one line, but as soon as you regenerate it puts all the assy cut parts as different items.
Edited by: sburr

skraba,

I need the weight to be regenerated as well, unfortunately, as I have to make a family table for the plank length for different sized trailers.

sburr,

Thanks for that. I guess it needs an enhancement request.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Sip

sip,

when the weights of items in BOM are different, Pro/E will separate items to be individual with their own balloon (although they are same part with same user parameters).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back