Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM format, summary of assemblies?

EddyVE

Hi,

I know how to create a custom BOM format file to customize the output of 'Info / Bill Of Materials'.

Besides a summary of parts (which I already have) I would also like to have a 'summary of sub-assemblies'.
Is that possible
In the .summary section, the system variable '%$type' seems to only list the parts. I would like to also summarize the total number of sub-assemblies in the main assembly.
Any suggestions?

Kind regards
Eddy

Since nobody seems to be aware of an existing solution, I decided to write my own little tool that produces the data I need.
I will post a download link soon, for those who are interested.

Kind regards

My BOM tool is ready.
Those interested can download BOMp here.
BOMp can process and analyse a Pro/E - WildFire generated BOM and produces a second file that contains
some more information about the parts and assemblies in the BOM.
The name "BOMp" is derived from "Bill Of Materials plus"
(because it contains some more information than the standard WildFire BOM
file).
BOMp is free for everyone to use.

Kind regards
Eddy

I would like to borrow this topic, because I have similar problem.

I would like to export BOM of an assembly with simplified representation defined, i.e. some components are excluded. When doing BOM analysis in Pro/E, it creates whole BOM structure with all the components, including excluded one in SimpRep.

How to export BOM that would match to simplified representation of an assembly?

Thanks in advance,

Jure

Suppressed components are not shown in the BOM but most of the time this is not a good solution since children of suppressed components are also suppressed ...
Edited by: EddyVE

I was not talking about suppresed components but of components excluded from Simplified Representation. These are shown in the BOM, exported by Pro/E.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back