Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM balloons with multiple leaders

Rbrgr83

Related to my previous query:

Is there a way to have a single balloon which has multiple leaders that point to their respective instances. I'm sure you can do this by placing balloons atop of each other, but I would like to show the balloon with total quanitiy.

Just an afterthought...

No. But you can go to Table-BOM Balloons-Split to any Component you want with Leader & Qualities.

Let me ask in a different way:

Is there a way to create a solo leader line (just the line and the arrow) and then attach it to something that already exists, such as an existing note or a BOM balloon.

Possibly maybe.

You might be able to create a text note with a leader and use a space as the text. Position the leader of the note to connect to your balloon. It may be easier to start with some visible text in the note.

I have used this for having leaders coming off of diferent lines in a note, or on both sides, but not for balloons. If you use balloons that have a straight leader on the balloon, I don not see a problem.

Sorry to be a bit snippy in the previous post, I don't have access to ProE at the moment (
smiley19.gif
) so I was not able to test this out for myself today.

I will try it and let you know as soon as I get back up and running.

It will work like Peter said (just tried it
smiley2.gif
)but make sure you relate the arrow to the balloon. This way when you move the balloon the leaders will follow. select the leaders then edit / group / relate to object and click on the balloon.

The only down size that I can think off is if you have like 12 qty you will need lots of leaders....

Thanks guys, this is working very well.

I like that I can move the blank leader w/ the balloon, but then I can also move it independantly w/o having to ungroup them. This helps with the quick visual realignment I am used to doing in ACAD.
Awesome.
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back