Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM balloons, 1 part in diff views

Texas_Drafter

I need to place multiple balloons on the same part in different views for clarity for our welders. wildfire 2.0 will only allow me to place one bom balloon per part. is there a setting i can change that will allow me to place the balloon on the same part in several differnet views. i know i can use either ref or note balloons but do not want to do it this way beacause the balloon number will not change is i make a change to the bom.thanks.

I don't know of a setting that allows this. Hopefully someone else does.

In the meantime, you could add an identical repeat region table off your page and use it to add parametric balloons

ok i want to try the extra bom method on the side of the drawing to see if it will work. the problem is i dont know how to do that. the setup we have was done by someone else before i was here and i had to self teach myself to even use the program. she had setup title blocks and all that so it automatically generates the bom. can you give me some help with inserting another bom?

Texas_Drafter said:
ok i want to try the extra bom method on the side of the drawing to see if it will work. the problem is i dont know how to do that. the setup we have was done by someone else before i was here and i had to self teach myself to even use the program. she had setup title blocks and all that so it automatically generates the bom. can you give me some help with inserting another bom?

I think you can just copy the table/repeat region and paste it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back