Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM Balloon leaders as arcs

solarcad

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default leader type for BOM Balloons from straight line to an arc?

I'm trying to recreate a large radius arc from the balloon to the callout component that I've seen done on older pencil assembly drawings. I don't think I've seen any other MCAD package that does this. I know it can be done in AutoCad/Etch-a-Sketch, but I'm hoping that there is a way to do this in ProE.

TIA,
SolarCAD

solarcad,

You can change the BOM balloon symbol to a custom made symbol. I suppose that symbol can have an arc as the leader instead of a line but it might be a one shape thing and not variable. There is a radial placement option when you make a new symbol, you can copy from the existing bom balloon symbol to start. I will try this later to see if it works or if I just get a single arc without any modification options.

cheers,

M

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back