Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Blanking compnents on drawings

dmt63

I am trying to blank a component in a detail view. The detail views were created from section views using planes.

I have been unable to find the correct method for blanking components. In the past I haveselected the detail view, went up to "VIEW" pull down menu, select "DRAWING DISPLAY", then click "COMPONENT DISPLAY". I then select "BLANK", "PICKED VIEW".

I can blank the component but it blanks it in all the views that were created from the main section I started with.

I have clicked on thedetailed view I want to blankthe component and RMB and select "PROPERTIES"and UNcheck the parent view boxunder the"VIEW DISPLAY"portion. Then I have repeated the command to blank but have been unsuccessful in blanking one component in one detail view.

I know I am missing one little thing to blank a component in ONE detail only.

Can anyone help resolve this issue?
smiley5.gif

W/F 2 build M220

Thanks in advance

if you create a detailed view you can't blank a component just in that view.

Because that detailed view is from a parent view. You blank the component in parent view and it will be blanked in the detailed view.

Select parent view to change members of a detailed view. This is the message in PRO_E.

Youcould after you created that detailed view, to transform it in a general view (right click on the detailed view, properties / view type / general) and blank the component.

But thenyou will not have that circle for a detailed view on the parent.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back