Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Blanking Assembly features in drawing

Sridhar.V

hi

i have one assembly in which 3 sets of holes are there. while creating drawing,i have to create three sheets showing one set of hole in each.can anyone plz help me to blank the other two sets of holes.

I tried by creating simple rep but am not able to select assm features to create simple rep.also i dont want to create seperate inst.

Regards,

V.Sridhar.

Hai,

Are the holes createdin part model or in assembly?

If it iscreated in part model, u can use the option menu manager --> Views --> represent (Proe 2001)

View attachment 3228

In Proe WF2, this option is not availabel. to get this option u have to make a mapkey.

Open the config.pro file in notepad format and type mapkey A #VIEWS; #REPRESENT;

then call this config.pro and press A. the above screen will come.

regards,

bgee.

Actually, there are part simplified reps in Wildfire 3.0, not sure about the rest. I'm sure it's there. Try it out using the View Manager if you are on Wildfire.

I want to warn you for the use of that mapkey.

We've been useing it since we migrated to WF2 and it have worked without any problem until we installed ProE Datecode M220 a few months ago. Now we have problems with some of our drawings, when we load the there is a warning: "Simplification of <partname> could not be created". And all the features is back:-(

We runs ProE together with PDMLink and when I try to load the drawing in a ProE-sesion wothout PDMLink it seems like it works.

I have been in contact with PTC support but they only suggest me to use family tables instead.

By the way, is there anyone who knows if it's possible to replace an instance of just one view? I know how to replace instance for the entire drawing.

/Per

Is the view you want to change instances a parent or a child view? IIANM, child views will follow the parent views.

From the ProE help file for WF 2.0 :
Using drawing representations, you can improve performance, particularly when working with multimodel large assembly drawings and drawings of complex models. Drawing representation functionality is available only with an Advanced Assembly license.

Guys, you are talking about feature, part and drawing representation as all of those would be the same.

mediumsliced,
part (simplified) representation is available since.... well, forever and is used to exclude parts in assy or substitute them with simplified ones. This way Pro/E brings into memory only parts selected in simplified rep.

dross,
drawing representation is available only with AAX licence alright, but drawing representation is used for simplifying the drawing itself, meaning excluding views that are not neccessary for current work on the large assy drawing. This way Pro/E loads and updates only views, shown by drawing rep.

I believe Sridhar.V is talking about feature simplifying process which was available in 2001 and is as bgee mentioned available in WF2.0 only through the mapkey.

Hi all

Thanks for the responses

What Skraba told is absolutely correct,

I want to blank one assembly feature in my drawing

Skraba, will u plz explain me how to create the mapkey for tht in WF2

I had done as bgee told but its not working for me

Thanx & Regards,

V.Sridhar

I see, I wasn't reading too carefully. Sorry for the carelessness.

Tried looking for the #Represent command in the 2001 to Wildfire 2.0 menu mapper on PTC.com, but it wasn't there. Has anybody tried Applications > Legacy before?

Sridhar.V,

do exactly as bgee said. Select #Tools #Options, then type

mapkey A #VIEWS; #REPRESENT;

Apply and close Options window.

"A" is shortcut you type when you want to call the mapkey, but you can set it to whatever you like (e.g. "rep") - you should check though that shortcuts are as unique as can be in config.pro.

So, in drawing type the shortcut ("A" or "rep" in my case) and the Represent View menu should open.

skraba

Mapkey is working but am not able to blank the feature

after runnning mapkey "A" i'd done the following

represent>picked view>simplify>its showing only two options (rep part,rep subassm).actually what i need to do is ,i want to blank a assembly feature. Could you please explain me how to do tht?

Thanx & Regards,

V.Sridhar

I believe that Drawing Reps can be accessed from the View Properties Dialog and I believe the TAB is View States where you can set Explode or Simp Rep States.

Michael

Maybe this would help (it's from the 2001 version help topics):

<h1 style="font-size: 12pt; margin-right: 6.5pt; margin-top: 7pt; margin-bottom: 2pt;">To Simplify an Assembly in a Drawing</h1>
1.Choose INSTANCES > Simplify; then choose All Views or Pick View. The assembly appears in a small window.
2.Select the component of the assembly to simplify.
3.Choose COMP TYPE > Rep Part to simplify the model at the part level by suppressing features; or, choose COMP TYPE > Rep Subasm to simplify the model at the subassembly level by suppressing a part.
4.A subwindow appears containing the selected part or subassembly. Choose INSTANCES > NEW or type the name of a previously created representation.
-If the representation is new, select the feature or part to suppress.
-If
you select a detailed view or parent of a detailed view for
representation, the system displays a box around both the parent view
and the detailed view, indicating that it is going to perform this
procedure in both views.
The system simplifies the top-level assembly accordingly.
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------
However, assembly feature aren't mentioned here, so I'm not sure if it would work.

My tip: When selecting Rep Part menu option, try to pick-select subassembly.

Guys...

Going back to Sridhar's problem.... Cant we make a family of three parts and have them in different sheets of the same drawing....?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back