Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Best way to de-vault ILINK 3.3?

danponjican

We are in process of implementing a integration platform for our ProE files to be vaulted directly into Teamcenter Enterprise (no small chore!). Currently we are using INTRALINK 3.3 in production for our ProE management but need to start devaulting files to start testing batch import utilities for TcE. What other options are there rather than doing mass check outs of piles of data in to workspaces and then exporting them to a file system?

Edited by: danponjican

Dan,

Are you migrating your complete database of Pro/E files from Pro/INTRALINK to Teamcenter? If so, it seems that I-cubed has a Teamcenter-to-Windchill migration tool/service ( [url]http://www.i-cubed.com/resources/Documents/TeamcenterSolutio nBrief.pdf[/url]). I don't know if they are capable of or inclined to help in a Pro/I-to-Teamcenter migration.

I have just started investigating PDM/PLM migration tools and will let you know if I find anything else. Please let me know if you find anything.

Mike

I work for a PTC reseller. We assisted a Catapillar division that was forced by corporate to migrate from Intralink to Teamcenter. We developed a number of Intralink Toolkit applications to automate extracting the contentinto a format that could be imported into Teamcenter. If you would like additional information, you can contant me at: [email protected]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back