Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bearing mechanism

ledo

I would like to simulate ball bearing rotation.

Bearing is constructed with 3 parts.

-------- Uper

O Ball

-------- Lower

........ center axeof ball bearing

Is it posible with help of mechanism in assembley to make:

-lower part rigid.

- Ball turning arround the upper curve of the lower part and at the same time rotating it self arround its own center axe.

-And the uper part rotating with the speed of ball progressing.

And i would like the animation to be accurate not yust everything spining with no ratios correct.

Edited by: ledo

Its possible and not terribly hard.

Which parts are you having trouble with? You don't want someone to do your work for you do you? Specify were u are stuck and you will find people are more than willing to help.

Dumping something here and saying "Someone please do my homework" will not get you very far.

Its not homework.

I manage to make it work with serwo motor in the midle axis and gear pairs to all the other components. (then i used diameters for ratio of turning).

So each ball in the bearing has it own gear pair with the servo motor in the midle of bearing.

An it works like it shoud. But i dont know is there is any batter way to do it beacose each ball has to have its own gear pair and its really time consuming.

ledo,

Though you wish to simulate a ball bearing, a careful thought would tell you that the mechanism is an epicyclic gear train.

Search this forum for epicyclic gear train. You will get your answer.

This is a problem of mechanism and may be difficult (I dont know) to solve it thru animation.

ledo said:
I would like to simulate ball bearing rotation.

Bearing is constructed with 3 parts.

-------- Uper

O Ball

-------- Lower

........ center axeof ball bearing

Is it posible with help of mechanism in assembley to make:

-lower part rigid.

- Ball turning arround the upper curve of the lower part and at the same time rotating it self arround its own center axe.

-And the uper part rotating with the speed of ball progressing.

And i would like the animation to be accurate not yust everything spining with no ratios correct.

ROBINBABU,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

With the welcome over, what is it that you wish to say? cannot see anything. Perhaps pressed the wrong button...?

I managed to do that as mentioned above with servo motor in the midle axe and than gear pairs to each moving solid from that servo with right diameters set.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back