Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

basic user - how can i do this?

rick0

Hi,

I consider myself quite a basic user of ProE wildfire2, can anyone help me with the following?

I am trying to model a piece of flexible metal conduit, the best I can manage is a straight pipe (thin protusion)with a helical sweep to form the thread type armouron the outside, but after that I cant seem to bend it using 'spinal bend' or the 'warp' feature in order to replicate a 'bendy' looking component.

Any ideas?

Note: the part is for visual representation only so exact sizes do not matter.

is this what you are looking for ?

in warp feature , you need to select the object you want to bend, and then the reference (I selected the default reference frame).

If some part of the model is surface (and not solid), then you will have to select both solid and surface features(select all features while holding ctrl key).

Edited by: mahtab_msa

Warp foesn't give you much control over shape and family table - compatabilty - i.e. you can't add parametric dimensions if you want to change any feature's geoemtry. You SHOULD be albe to do this with a spinal bend. If you can't I suspect that you have intersencting geometry (your bend is too tight) or you have used the feature incorrectly. I will model something up and post it back to you.

Great, thanks to you both, I will look at my model and have another go.

Mah, thats exactly the type of thing Im looking for.

Many thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back