Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Basic animation questions

teller2010

Hello all,

I am pretty new to Pro/E (really just use it to open models from supplier, then convert them to what we need in a polygonal format).

I have been told that an assembly has animation in it, but can't get it to play, so I am trying to determine if I indeed have the animation data. Is there a certain animation file that is external to the .asm and .prt files, or is the animation embedded?

When I go to Applications > Animation, I see nothing in the animation timeline. However, I do see servo motors in the viewport around the object that I assume is animated.

I have tried to follow a couple basic animation tutorials to see if I can discover anything, but those tutorials cover making my own animation, not loading/analyzing/running someone else's animation.

Is there any telltale way of knowing there's animation data? (Obviously, if the supplier SAYS it's there, that's a sign....but I'm looking for other options...supplier is not very helpful besides telling me it's there).

Thanks,

Eric

I suppose the "animation" is supposed to be a servomotor included in assembly. Just go to the mechanism, run servomotor and then watch recorded animation

Thanks for the reply. I went to applications > Mechanism, and then under "SERVO" on the left hand side of the screen, I added the motors one at a time. Is that what you intended by your instructions? I think tried to run an analysis, but it told me "assembly failed".

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

I think You should have already this stuff placed - servo motors and connections

Mechanism > Analises > New > Run

then You can watch recorded animation

Mechanism > Playback

if it does not work, then there are some issues to consider:

*connections between parts are configured not in proper way

*servomotor is configured not in proper way

when this happen let me know

Jacek,

Thanks again for your response. I went through the steps you suggested, and while it did not create any error messages, there didn't seem to be any animation.

Just for fun, I tried "Position," "kinematic," and "Dynamic" to see if there was any effect. Again, while it would create an analysis definition, when I went to play it back, it "played" but didn't show any movement.

I'm sure I'm missing something important. I guess I'll try harassing the supplier again.

Thanks,

eric

seems like servo motors is set up wrong - that is my first impresion

if connections between parts are right and servomotor is configured in proper way and there is no error message during running analisys then...ufff, .... ok - then something is really strange
smiley36.gif

the "animation" would mean You have such one configured in animation module which is visible by single animation, servomotors sequences

taking the info You noticed none, then it is really something strange
smiley5.gif

So just to be clear:

GENERALLY, when someone builds servo motors into their assembly, it is to use in an animation/analysis, correct?

GENERALLY, it is safe to assume that if I see servo motors, an analysis can be run and an animation can be generated?

both of Your statements are right with one demand - servo motor must be configured right. If not not - error message will pop up while running analisys.

But You have no such message so I assume, servomotor misses some important settings.

Well, all of this You can do yourself. If You feel how the whole assembly should work - rotate, move, accelerate - ten Yo can include this info into servomotor yourself.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back