Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Ballons on Simplifed Rep

tfike

I have
I have an assembly drawing, containing and Exploded View, which is also a Simplified Rep. My problem is this: I can

We always use simplified rep and bom ballons without problem. Have you activate your simplified rep before making your view? If no, select the view, right click and choose properties. Then in the window, choose your simplified rep in states of view.

Or perhaps, you have drawing with multiple views and multiple sheets. If this is that, let me know how you make views and bom ballons.

BP

The problem is probably that repeat region in your sheet is of different simp rep (maybe of master) then view where you want to show yours boom balloons, thats the reason why you cannot place there balloons. So you must change simp rep in view and repeat region to the same so it can show balloons.
Edited by: Isair

Thank you both for our responses. I did figure out that I had to have the Rep active, and was able to place the balloons.
The only problem I have now is: How do I get the hardware qty

You must create your assembly, make all yours simplified rep. Then create a drawing and put in a table (you have create before with only the name of your parts and quantity) without any view.

Activate one of you simplified rep, create a view and put another table which have the rep, name and quantity.If you have another simplified rep do it again.

So you can see yours simplified rep with table and the assembly table show you all the parts in the assembly with thier quantities.

I've make an example in the joined file.

Hope it helps you.

BP

2005-08-08_195833_BP.zip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back