Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

backwords compatability of mechanica

chrish

Does anyone know if a new license of mechanica is backwords compatable? I would like to run mechanica from 2001 as opposed to running it from WF 3.0 in this case. However, I am getting an error with licensing when trying to run mechanica from 2001 now. It works fine out of WF 3.0. Anyone know if this needs to be reconfigured somehow to make it work?

Chris

WF 3 uses a different version of FlexLM than 2201 does. I'm not sure how to work around it though.

Do a seach on the knowledge base, they have some info on it there.

It will also depend on the license you have. PTC started cutting up MECHANICA horizontally in Basic Thermal and Structure and Advanced T and S when they where on WF 1.0 Before you would have a full MECHANICA Structure and/or a full MECHANICA Thermal license. MECHANICA 2001 will probably only recognise and accept the older "full" licenses and will not understand the new Basic License.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back