Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

backup Intralink

jeff-gabby

Hi All,

My problem is that we now have a new IT manger. He bought new back-up software for our full servers. The problem he is having is connecting to the data file server to back up all the Intralink data. The backup software is BrightStor ARCServe Backup R11.5 (build 3889). What do you have to do in order to be able to achieve this. Please help, I just found out that or data has not been backup for over a year.

Jeff

Apart from running full backups of all the relevent partition/folders you need to create a dump of the database. Create a batch file containing the Pro/Intralink export command and schedule this to run prior to any backups ...

<loadpoint>\dataserver\intralink\export\ilink_export.b at < config.txt >dump.log

and a text file containing the dumpfile name and oracle system password ...

<storage path>\2002.dmp
manager

Take a note of the database sizes either by running the report within the dsmu or simply listing the directory were they are located.

If you need to rebuild the dataserver, then the dumpfile and the dbf sizes are all that is required.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.We finally got the Data Server Management Utility to work.We needed to set a flag log_archive_start.Once that was set then we could see the data base using are back up software.

If we were unable to set this flag we were going to burn everything to CD or DVD's.

I feel a whole lot better knowing that this stuff is going to be backed up.I felt better when I did not know it was not being backed up...

Tofflemire

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back