Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Axis and unbends

Jonathan21409

I am trying to make the following part:

View attachment 4016

However I am having some issues when I am making the drawing part of it. I have created the part by using sheetmetal insert unnattatched flat wall then extrude function to draw the side profile then I created datum planes at the proper degrees for the holes. Now I have run into the problem when I unbend the part the axis do not follow the unbend but just stay at their original positions:

View attachment 4017

So when it comes to detailing the holes I can't do anything to show the axis positions because when I use show/erase it does not show the axis in the holes but where they are located in the picture above.
smiley7.gif

Thanks for the help

Jonathan21409

I'm not sure if this will work. It looks like you have a generic and a flat instance in your drawing. Did you try changing your active model to the flat instance and then try show/erase axis.

Steve

Jonathan21409

My last response didn't work. The reason the axis don't showin the flat stateis becausethey change to an elliptical hole in the flat state. You may want to try creating the holes in the flat state, this would cause the holes in the rolled part to be elliptcal.

Steve

Jonathan,

I often end up creating axes in the flat state, so I can show them on the drawing. It's a work-around...not a pretty one.

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back