Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Automated constraining in sketcher

Jacoolo

How to disable automating constraining and sketcher?

How to set min angle to prevent Pro/E from making a line horizontal if its angle is very low?

If an automatic constraint appears while creating a geometry, you can disable it by right clicking.

I do not see any option after RMB.

What I usually do is turning it off from Sketch > Options > Constraints

but I would like to have it set in config.pro

well maybe, I`ve haven`t try yet, but if one takes this option as it is - to me it sounds like controling the display, not behaviour

you can be right, seems like controlling the display.

The only way I know is the RMB. For ex. you would like to create a line and after slecting the start point with LMB, a H (Horizontal) constraint appears, at this point you can RMB and disable this constraint and then select your end point with LMB. A little bit manual but works
smiley4.gif

yes, just "tap" your right mousebutton (dont hold i down) and you will disable the constrian. AND ...another "tip" is that if you get a constrain that you reallty want, hold down shiftkey and tap the right mouse button to lock it instead.

//Tobias

Edited by: tobbo

muadib3d said:
but I would like to have it set in config.pro

Config.pro options :

sketcher_collinear_constr

sketcher_tangent_constr

sketcher_parallel_constr

sketcher_equal_length_constr

sketcher_perpendicular_constr

sketcher_midpoint_constr

sketcher_symmetric_constr

sketcher_lineup_hor_constr

sketcher_lineup_ver_constr

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

well my surious focus is on spline creation when after long time tuning under Edit > Modify, and accepting the spline with polygon Pro/E sets constraints without even asking if I would like to...

that is really pissing me off. Second thing - locking the start/end point of spline if it was lace on reference. That realy drives me crazy
smiley7.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back