Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly level

saravanans_87

I am having a huge assy. with almost 35 parts.
I need to make it as a single part.

Now its in assy mode..

is it possible?

assy of 30 parts ----> single part

If all your parts abut each other as in a fabrication then assembly merge will give you a single part. If this is any other assembly with parts such as springs in it then I'm not sure of the results [or why you should want to do this]

yeah.... i think assembly merge is ok with this..

can u please tell how to execute this command..

i need this option to show our big assy to third party..

thnaks for ur help..

If what you need is to show your assembly without revealing too much of the detail and making the part smaller, then I agree that shrikwrap is the route.

thansk to all,,

i done this skrink wrap.. but the problem i can able to hide the part & i can able to select the part .

how to avoid this??

did you do a shrinkwrap on your .Asm? If so, then you cant be able to pick at any part since what it does is that it makes a single part that contains the geometry of the outside of your assmebly.

//Tobias

Not sure what kind of final model your looking for , but you can always export as a step or sat and then import as a single part file. (if your in a bind) you can edit the mass but its now a dumb solid.

Gary

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back