Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly failing to load

SWDADA

Components and sub assys within my large assembly can not be retrieved. This is obviously due to their locations which are referenced by pro/e each time I open the assy file. I tried to control this by defining the path files and saving them as config.pro but the problem does not go away.

The assembly only gets retrieved if I save them on current session directory. Once I exit pro/e, it's gone again, next time i start it i have to go back to the options to redifine. Can anyone let me know in detail how to rectify this

Your search path options may be being saved to a current_session.pro file. Check your start directory or the session directory for this file. Make sure your options are saved in a config.pro file. Current_session.pro files are not automatically loaded. Place the config.pro in one of the following to see if it works:

1. loadpoint\text

2.login directory

3. startup directory

where do i access these directories? where are they located? i had a look in program files but I cannot find them

1) The loadpoint directory is where you installed ProE. Within that directory there should be a text folder.

2) The login directory is in C:\Documents and Settings. The folder is the one you login as.

3) The startup directory is the directory you start in when starting ProE. Check the properties of the icon you use to start ProE and lookat the start in line.

If you are changing directories while you are modeling check those to see if you have any config.pro or current_session.pro files. What can happen when you select current session from the drop down list, add config options, and select apply the options are saved to a current_session.pro file in the current directory instead of the config.pro file.

i have already gone through that, first i set up the option values and saved them on a config.pro, i then loaded a pathfile in to config.pro also, then hit the apply button. When I exit proe and start it again, i still have an assy retrieval problem. meanwhile i cannot find the directories on C, all I can see is program files and data folders.

I installed my proe on C and it is a tryout edition of wf3, may be that's why

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back