Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly Component Not Showing in Section

plaidgadjo

Hello All,

I am working on an assembly drawing of a simple injection mold. I have began creating a drawing for it, but am having trouble with a section view. My section cuts right thru the parting line. It seems that all of the components that are "cut" with the section, show (with hatching). The problem is that NO geometery is showing in the view for components that are NOT sectioned. I have slides that should be showing up (albeit without hatching). I can't seem to get them to display.

I'm stumped. Any help greatly appreciated!

(I'm using WF 4.0, btw)

Thank you,

Brandon

Chances are that the section cuts directly though a tangent line, tiny surface or other spurious detail. Pro E sometimes struggles to visualize sections through such areas both in live view and in a drawing.

Check your geom checks for clues as to features that could be cause such areas....these are usually cuts, extrusions that leave tiny edges/surfaces or rads that Pro E has struggled to calculate/complete.

If you create the same cut thecross-sectionwould make (using a cut extrude) in the part that you think is causing the problem, the extrude will fail and show you where the problem area is.

I have had this same experience on assembly drawings of a mold design. Altering the accuracy of the part that does not show is usually the solution. All the parts should be in absolute accuracy. Ideally all parts in an assembly should have the same accuracy. It is not a perfect world. Try changing the accuracy.

Might be helpful to check:

1. Are the models which are not showing up solid or surfaces?

2. Are those models fully constrained in the assembly or are packaged/missing references?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back