Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly analysis in Mechanica Structure

leekwei

Hello All,

Ihave just started to use Mechanica struture in the indepedent mode. I have been able to perform single part analysis but notassembly analysis. I have a problem on hand which involves a sandwich beam with mutiple layer of different material bonded together. The onlinemanual indicates that I need to use the connection function, which seemsavailable only in the integrated mode.

Is it possible to perform structure assembly analysis in mechanica indpendent mode? (We do not have Pro E in our company).

Yes it is possible. pro/Mechanica is extremely good in large assembly structures analysis.

Even if you don't have proE you can import Catia, UG, parts, assemblies. ALso you can modle parts inside Mechanica.

Israr

Israr said:
Yes it is possible. pro/Mechanica is extremely good in large assembly structures analysis.

Even if you don't have proE you can import Catia, UG, parts, assemblies. ALso you can modle parts inside Mechanica.

Israr

Hi Israr,

Thankyou for the reply. If possible, could you elaborate the basic of performing assembly analysis in the indepedent mode. I imported the parts in STEP format, but I coulldn't find the "connection" commandwhich supposed to allow one to establish the relation betweenthe parts. Thereis however a "connection" command in the motion module, but is does not contain the connection such as weld, interface & etc.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back