Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembling U Joints with Pin Setting

MilosTea

To paint a little picture I have a lower mounting bracket, connected to an x shapedcross piece, tothe lower part of a leg, which has an upper portion of the leg allowed to slide and rotate inside of it, connected to an upper x shaped cross piece, and then to the upper mounting bracket.

So, when I start to assemble my u joint tothe lowerbracket and the lower portion of the legit works fine on the bottom using the PIN definition. I assign a rotational axis to both sets of constraints as well. Now when I move to the top to constrain it to the upper platform, I can use the PIN setting on one (either the mount to the bolt, or the leg to the bolt). I have to use the CYLINDER definition on the other constraintin order for it to constrain and I have to leave a tollerance for it. (The last constraint isn't allowed for some reason to be coincident) I need them to all be constrained to a fixed plane. It CANNOT translate and this is my problem. When it is imported into simulink the cylindrical definition allows it to break and thus the data gathered from it is skewed.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back