Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Applying loads using Volume regions!

ksarita20

hi ,

i am using pro/E wildfire 1.0 in my work. i am trying to do structural analysis on a U joint. it is fixed at the neck and the load is to be applied on a particular surface on the two legs. i created volume regions on both the legs so as to apply the load on a particular surface. but when i am trying to apply the loads, pro/e is terminating. Can any one please help me out. its a project which decides my job. please .. help meeeeee.
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

1) try creating a surfaceregion instead of a volume region and 2) apply the load uniformly distributed across the created surface region(s). Make surethe load direction is correct (use preview) and yourconstraints and materials are correct.

Good luck,

Paul

hi ,

thank you very much , actually i was actually trying that option too. but i didnt exactly know how to create the surface region. And can u explain me the exact difference between volume region and surface region.

i will be very thankfull if u can help me. this is my first project in the very first jobbbbb.

smiley1.gif
Sarita

hi sarita,

in the Structure menu click features, choose surface region(Surf region).
Create
Sketch / Done
(sketch the section of the surface that is the contour that bounds ur intended surface, as unormally sketch anything)
when u r done sketching select the surface plane u make the region and selectok.

volume region is used so you can break a part into multiple volumes generally usefull for AutoGemor to apply different material properties to different volumes.

inyour case surface region is the right command to use

hope it helps.

regards.

Shady

hi Shadshood,

thanks for the information, but i still have problem in creating the surface volume. After creating the sketch , it is asking me to give the surface selection and surface option. so i am not understanding what to specify for this.

please guide meee.

sarita

Sarita,

I am in hurry to help you but I remember there is a frotime tutorial on creating volume regions.

If you can't find it send me e-mail and I will send it to you.

[email protected]

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back