Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ansys workbench getting started

zahid_shanamo

Hello everybody in this forum.

Problem; Pro/E part analysis in ANSYS WORKBENCH

i am using proe wf2.0 and recently i have installed ansys 11.0 on my work station.

I am mainly concerned with opening the proe parts directly in ansys workbench for stress analysis but whenever I try to "import or connect to CAD system" in workbench , a message" geometry Interface not found". appears.

What might be wrong. If some gentlemen have the relevant toturials/tips for getting started with ansys workbench ,please forward to me.

With thanks in advance,

SMZ

zahid,

You may find success if you import the part into Ansys as a step or iges. It won't be parametrically associative, but you'll be able to continue with your analysis.

Hope this helps,

Jim

dear friend,

how to establish Geometry Interface for Proefrom Ansys.

Please help me. i know I can continue using IGES files but it would be no more parametric. Everytime I have to modify the part in proe and import it to Ansys Workbench for analysis.I want the two way associativity.

Thanks and regards,

s.m.z.

First, find your ansys file (ansys.lic, ansys.dat, license.dat, etc.) and see if the option is in there. It should be called "aipipro", if you don't have it call your Ansys software provider for a quote and prepare to cut a check. If it is in there, try reinstalling it using [START]-Settings-Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs, selecting Ansys and choosing "Modify". Make sure it is checked off under the options dialog box in the installation wizard.

Hope this helps!

Jim

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back