Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ANSYS Workbench 11 Tutorial Recomendation

morsetaper2

Using Wildfire 3.0 and just installed ANSYS 11.0. I was looking for some recomendations for getting started on some very basic analysis in Workbench. Was looking at these two books, anyone have any feedback?

ANSYS Workbench Tutorial, Release

11, by Kent Lawrence

http://www.sdcpublications.com/978-1-58503-397-3.htmAnd the other is...

ANSYS Workbench
Software Tutorial with Multimedia CD,ANSYS 11.0 by:Jack Zecher
& Fereydoon
Dadkhah
http://www.sdcpublications.com/978-1-58503-426-0.htm

Looking for any feedback you might have regarding these texts.

Thanks!

Edited by: morsetaper2

Those tutorials are in ver 5 or 7...and not even in the newer Workbench interface. I searched the web, found a few things in ver 10, nothing significant in the newer ver 11.

If nobody chimes in I'll probably go w/ the one written by Kent Lawrence.

Just to follow up, I purchased the book by Kent Lawrence and it was a big help. My areas of interest were stress, thermal, and modal analysis. Those topics are covered well enough to provide a foundation to get started and be competent on simpler models and assys.

My only critique would be that some explanation be provided in footnote form as to why some things are done.

But overall it was well worth the $$ I paid for it. I went through nearly the entire book at work over a 2-3 week period as I had time. It allowed me to come up to speed to the point I have good confidence in what I'm doing.

Mark

Mark,

What a coinicidence! I had been also looking for the same information on Workbench 11; I also ordered the book by Kent Lawrence, except that I paid the full $47 through Amazon.com; oh well! However, I'm happy that you are recommending it because I just went with a blind eye and ordered. I'm still waiting for it to arrive and start using it.

Thank you for the feedback.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back