Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Annotation of hole centerlines in drawing mode

herb

We recently have gone from Creo 2 to Creo 3 M20.

I have created a drawing of a small assembly. I want to show the hole centerlines of the various parts.

In Creo 2, I would pick the views, pick the "Show Model Annotations" button under the "Annotate" ribbon, then pick the "Show The Model Datums tab, then choose the centerlines I wanted or choose show all.

In Creo 3 this does not work. I can pick the individual parts and the centerlines will show, but if I have an assembly drawing with 100 parts (which is usually the case), this could become tedious. What am I missing? Is there a config option that has changed between Creo 2 and 3? I have contacted PTC support and they have verified my issue, and that my method did work in Creo 2 but not in Creo 3. They have not gotten back to me with a solution yet.

I am now reaching out to the REAL experts hoping to find a solution to prove once again that the users are smarter than the help desk people.

Thanks,

Herb Spaulding

Miller Industries Towing Equipment

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back