Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Angular Dim display

mcgowanp

Hey all, I have an angle dim and I want to show it in deg, min, sec. How ever when I click on the dim and go to properties, the units drop down is greyed out??

Anyone have any idea why this might be??
Thanks
Paddy

My guess is the dimension you have shown isn't an angle dimension but a linear one but it's hard to tell from the image. Or you may need to set the config.pro option ang_units to ang_sec.
Edited by: kdem

yeah tried that setting but with no effect. Thought there might be a config setting preventing me for changing that.

Looking at the dialog box again mine does the same thing. That portion of the dialog box is used in drawing mode. In part mode you can display the angle dimension in degrees, min, sec which is what ang_units will do but you still have to enter a value as a decimal. You can change the valueby enteringdegrees, min, sec in drawing mode by changing the nominal value in the dialog box.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back