Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Analysis with fasteners and contact

ankarl

Hi, I have a simple design I want to analyse using fasteners. Its a simple plate taking some pressure load and I want to calculate how much it bends to see if the seals will leak or not.

I've set up an assembly with the plate, a solid block, fasteners and added a contact region between the block and plate.

Looking at the results I feel something must be wrong with the setup. (I'm not very experienced in using nor fasteners neither contact regions)

The plate is bending as I've predicted, but looking into the gap it seems like it's pulling the block with itself, just at the pressurised area. I would expect the fastener to bend and affect the block slightly but not to see the it "glued" to the surface region in the plate.

What could I've made wrong?

Edited by: ankarl

Found it after a while, had forgot to add contactconditions on the suface region that carries the load.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back