Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Analysis of moving objects

ksarita20

hi ,

i have problem, which i donn whether pro/mechanica can solve it.

a normal load is applied on a moving object.

i have to estimate the heat generation at the interface taking the frictional force into consideration.

Can this problem be solved using pro/mechanicaa, if not what can be a possible approximation for this.

please help me out.

thanks

sarita

Sarita,

I don't think you need MECHANICA for this analysis. You can use conservation of energy and use friction as a nonconservative force that is converted to heat. This assumes that the normal force is constant as is applied to the moving body.

Energy In (initial velocity)= Energy dissipated (friction)+Energy Out(Final Velocity)

The energy dissipated will tell you how much energy was converted to Heat.

Luis

hi Luis,

Ya i am prety sure about the analatical concept, but is there a way that i can show it pictorially, i.e the heat generation contors.

i am basically doing transient thermal analysis on disc brakes.

So what can be the possible approach for this problem.

THank in advance

Sari

Well.

Sure you can do that. If from you analytical model you can derive the heat of rate generation due to the friction then value can be applied to a surface region representing the contact area between both of the parts.

Luis

hi luis,

yaa thats what my plan is ,

Recently ilearnt how to assign a time varing temperature only by using an table option. but i would like to specifiy the Q with respect to temp in a equation form.

sari

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back