Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Alias, Rhyno or Wildfire 3.0?

Leonello

Hi! My name is Leonello, and I'm working with pro/E since 2003. I used for a long time the Photorendering extension (Photolux) to render my models. The light setting for me has always been a bit tedious and difficult. I watched some pictures realized with Alias and Rhyno and I have to say that the realistic effect is really impressive, especially about the use of the light setting. I would like to buy Alias or Rhyno, but before, I would like to listen some opinions from people who use these software to realize texturing on models IMPORTED FROM PRO/E.

Is it possible to renderize models imported from Pro/E? And which one of these two sw is more user friendly?

Thank you very much in advance for your attention and patience.

Best regards, Leonello.

Leonello,

Rhino should be used with their add on for rendering called flamingo, which is worth the additional cost. If cost is not an issue then I suggest alias. If cost is an issue then I suggest rhino with flamingo which is less than the alias price. WF3 has improved their rendering and if your primary cad is pro-e then you can just add the module to pro-e. However, I think the surfacing and rendering in rhino and alias is far superior to pro-e.(try and catch up isdx...)

You can export models from pro-e to alias and rhino. There are some recommendations in each software or you can simply make a step file of your part/assembly. The model can then be colored or textured as you wish. In some cases you might want to improve the quality of a surface while in alias or rhino by rebuilding or replacing. It is then possible to send that revised model back to pro-e.

cheers,

M

Edited by: magneplanar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back