Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Airship - design

Miko

Hi all, here is my model of airship what I have created two weeks ago as christmaspresent:) The result of whole work was just one picture in high resolution. And finally was created the puzzle from that rendered picture.

Final Hi res pic: 2009-01-05_092343_FINAL_PUZZLE_1024.zip

Modeling time: 6hours

Rendering time: 1hour

really great work
smiley4.gif

i like the blades' reflection pattern and the merging of blades in to the hub.

Bart: it was just design so there wasnt any calculations and mathematical parameter needed.

I see you used ISDX in there too. I wonder if any aerospace engineers out there would disapprove. Because really all that is important is the cross sections. ISDX just blends between the cross sections.

I could do that blend with BB too but I would need define inside transient curves as you know (am sure you know) and I was really in rush when I was working on that model (6 hbours of modeling whole thing and assembly with kinematic analyses and fewanimations)so I just used style super feature to make theblend betweenthose cross sections because of time. As I wrote above, the result ofwhole little project was just one rendered picture and created puzzle from that in A3 format... so no need to take it very accurate
smiley1.gif
or with profi engineeringtechnique (it wasnt manufactured ... )As weknow,thereal propeller is about mathematical properties of crossections,continuities atleast in G2 I think, dynamicand statit stability and many many other things... real one is much more complicated..The developement of the propeller is about yearsof workingofexperts .. they are working with heavy weapones like Fluent, Nastran and so on...
Edited by: Miko

I got some first hand experience (watching of course) Fluent in action.Takes a while and those consultants charge tall cash ... even during the recession.

My daughter lives in Prague BTW... you get to spend any Euros yet or is that later?
Edited by: design-engine

yes I already spend some euros ... we have got euro here in slovakia from first january of this year. The calculations of euros reminds me my 4 months in wisconsine in summer 2007.. I was working there as lifeguard in theme and water park http://www.mtolympuspark.com/
smiley36.gif
what a fun was there....

Edited by: Miko

dougr: I just wanted to say that the propeller blades on my model wasnt created as it is required in real lifedevelopment of propeller. It was justconceptual designe.

Skint, you drank guiness in france!!! bad move dude, they are wine and larger drinkers, ales and stout is just for the tourist to them. You must have been up in chamonix, pints are 5/6 euro up there, but a Vin Chaud is nearly free!! Go figure.. I'm heading there in march for 2 weeks, looking froward to sticking my head in the snow regarding the "bid R"!!

Edited by: mcgowanp

Yeah Guinness is quite rare in those parts but after drinking lager for most of my holiday I NEEDED a decent pint of the black stuff lol.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back