Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Advanced Mechanica Nonlinear Materials

rsharp

My company is adding the Advanced Mechanica for Wildfire 4, specifically for the nonlinear materials / elastomer capability. I am not finding any online training for this plug in. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Is it just so simple that none is needed above and beyond regular Mechanica capability or am I missing something?

Help!?

Thanks Much!

Looks like the majority of the work is setting up the material. Once we have it running I will have to play with it see how it runs I guess. Sort of surprised that there are no training resources.

You probably need a problem with test data to qualify it
against - who's to say its right - not even PTC given
there's no training or qualifying resources ...

The good thing is that we do a lot of elastomeric work and have two cases that have gone thru ABAQUS analysis, followed by physical part testing, followed by repeat ABAQUS.

Plan is tobenchmark there and move forward. If it proves useful then we will roll it out to the rest of the staff but mostlikely it will always be backed up by a final ABAQUS run.

Goal is to move load off of analysis group to the design engineer for the first few iterations, then finalize and confirm. The additional hope is that these iterations will now be minutes, not days.

Hey Moriarty,

I thought I relpied to this a while back, but then remembered we had a crash that day and I never re-posted.

We are an elastomeric isolator and iso system supplier, so we have about 60 years of test and evaluation info for various elastomers. At the most basic that equates to a proprietary set of elastomeric constants based on the dynamic modulus. For specific cases of interest we go even further into deatail on a specific elastomer.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back