Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Adding more than one break into a view...

m-d-e

I'm trying to add several breaks inte a view. The first is no problem. The problems start when I try to add the second break.
The part is very simple, it's pretty much only a long board with holes spread along its length. The image below shows what I'm trying to do.
2010-10-25_100129_SS-2010-10-25_15.45.27.png

Could someone please try to duplicate the problem to see if I'm the one doing it wrong?

What exactly is the problem. To create the 2nd cut just go to the visible area, broken viewand click on the + sign, then pick the area for the 2nd break. It works fine for me in wf4.

The first break is no problem. It look exactly as I wanted.
2010-10-26_034926_SS-2010-10-26_09.46.07.png

When I add the second break, the holes are cut away instead of the space between them.
2010-10-26_035003_SS-2010-10-26_09.47.08.png

Very strange...

Just noticed another thing. If you look at the holes along the edge, you see that there's five pairs. When I add the second break, one of the pairs should be cut away but if you count the holes, there's still five pairs.
smiley5.gif

If you look at the picture in the original postyou see what I want to do. I want to break the space between the holes. The first break works just fine. When I try to remove the space between the second and third row of holes, something weird happens.

I've tried this on two different parts now.

Finally I found the problem. See the image below. The part on the left is an unbroken view. The one in the middle is a broken view the way I want it and the one on the right is the problem broken view.
The difference between the middle one and the right one is that in the one in the middle I've added the break lines differently.
2010-10-26_102524_SS-2010-10-26_16.14.13.png

Break line 1 must be above break line 2 for the break to be correct. If you want to break the part horisontally break line 1 must be left of break line 2.
In which order the breaks are added does not matter.

I'm using WF5 M010.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back