Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Design Animations in WF

Miko

Hi all.. I would like to know if someone was trying to create someDesignAnimation in Wildfire withPhotorender settings.I did not findany greatanimationwhich was created in PROE. I saw great animationsbut it wasmade in... for example: SolidWorks, Catia but not in PROE...I was trying to create somedesign animation andyou can download my resultover here: It isAnimation of simplifiedWankel engine in resolution800x600:

2006-04-12_140104_Animation.part1.rar

2006-04-12_140242_Animation.part2.rar

For rendering of static scene I was defined spot lights andsome materials (metallic) for parts in assembly and so on... After rendering this static scene it looks pretty good > [url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28 300&PN=1&TPN=56[/url] But after rendering same scene in motion ...
smiley18.gif
...it looks terrible. Why?..I thinkthat the PROE/Wildfirehas great modules for example ARX, BMX, MDX, ISDX. We can see manyimprovements in those modules between versions of PROEbut can not in Pro/ANIMATION. Is this module not very important or what?..When I waslooking for some upgrades (improvements)ordiferences between Proe2001 and WF2.0 I did not find any...Does anybody know why PTC. doesnt upgrade this great module?The PROE is very powerful CAD program and I understand that Ican not expected same result in animations like in Maya, 3DS Max or Cinema 4D.. butthis module could be better in PROE..I think that some industrial designers would be appreciate some better functions. I would like to see more animationscreatedin PROE.. (Sorry for mistakes in sentences please)

Regards

Michal M.
Edited by: Miko

Hi Miko,

I spoke to Mark Fischer adn Ric Leeds (product line managersat PTC) at last years PTC/User world event about the limitations of DAO adn I got the simple reply "it's not our core business" which I suppose is true. they suggested submitting enhancment requests but that seems to be a futile effort.

I also mentioned it to Tim Harrisson who is the PLM for all of PTC's ID solutions (including rendering). he aggreed there was a fall down in the capabilities but that it wasn;t under his control.

The thing is unless we ALL get together say "WE WANT THIS TO BE BETTER!" I think it's pretty much at a standstill!
smiley19.gif

James

Hi James ... thank you for your reply ... What do you think about my animation?Could I set some things better orit is only the wasting of time?I think, the PROE could be really better in shine and shadows and so on for better realistic effects in animation... I saw some presentation animation made in Solidworks (Friction clutch)and I have to say, it was great.. also this animation was mymain reason why I started withsome simple animation .. It is prettypity from PTC that they dont want to upgrade this module.

Regards

Michal M.

Hi James ... Thank you for reply. I really didt see this animation of bug and now Ihave to say, the proe has pretty good abilities in moving scene.
smiley1.gif
So let's take a look at next short but maybe nice animation!When I will have a free time to do some animation I will send it here.

Can Blender3D be used as a raplacement for the Design Animation of ProE ?

Best regards,

John

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back