Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PRO-E .PSF file

Gustave_III

Hi Everyone, I am trying to get my pro-E install working at home. I have the license server installed and running, ProE is installed, but when I go to run the Pro-E Application, I get a red X box that says " Error: Unable to Launch Pro/Engineer because no valid configuration files were found. Please run "ptcsetup" from your installation "bin" directory and create PTC Startup File. This is needed for Pro/Engineer to launch successfully"

So I went to the bin directory.. ran the ptcsetup.bat file and it loaded up the install window. I clicked thru it, and hit finalize.. everything went thru it's deal but I still get the same error everytimeI load up Pro-E. Anyone know any tricks or could possibly send me a GENERIC PSF file? thanks

Gus

EDIT: forgot to mention that its PRO-Engineer Wildfire 2.0 running on Windows XP Pro.. pentium IV 3.2ghz HT Xtreme
Edited by: Gustave_III

Is PTC.setup detecting valid license file options?

Is the license file referencing your local machine as the HostID ora remote macchine and is the license file configured for the proper machine?

well the license file is from work, we have about 5 licenses that are for take home use.. leased I guess they call it. I installed the flexLM files and the license server says its running. When I install the main Pro-E program, it does not "detect" a license running, but I did type in the server (the local machine) its name is P4-3ghz-ht" which is my local machine. And this machine is also where the license server is running. The company doesn't have an outside network connection to connect to their server via VPN or something of that nature. We do however have some laptops that field engineers use running these licenses to.

Do you think my license server isn't functioning completely?

I run the Status Inquire on the LMtools and it says everything is fine, and says 7788@p4-3ghz-ht is running

I did try to telnet into the localhost on port 7788 but it wouldn't respond (don't know if the server is able to accept telnet commands anyway) I don't know if I need to add in the server list.. the .MSHOME (my network for my local network) into the server list or not. The server doesn't seem to respond when I do that.

It baffles me why its not letting me create a PSF file.

Gustave_III said:
well the license file is from work, we have about 5 licenses that are for take home use.. leased I guess they call it. I installed the flexLM files and the license server says its running. When I install the main Pro-E program, it does not "detect" a license running, but I did type in the server (the local machine) its name is P4-3ghz-ht" which is my local machine. And this machine is also where the license server is running. The company doesn't have an outside network connection to connect to their server via VPN or something of that nature. We do however have some laptops that field engineers use running these licenses to.

Do you think my license server isn't functioning completely?

I run the Status Inquire on the LMtools and it says everything is fine, and says 7788@p4-3ghz-ht is running

I did try to telnet into the localhost on port 7788 but it wouldn't respond (don't know if the server is able to accept telnet commands anyway) I don't know if I need to add in the server list.. the .MSHOME (my network for my local network) into the server list or not. The server doesn't seem to respond when I do that.

It baffles me why its not letting me create a PSF file.

Well I got it too work.. right after typing the last message I tried the setup again, and this time pointed out the license.DAT file I had. Everything works great now.. thanks for the help :)

Hello All,

We are having the follwing issue trying to run a locked license, with no license server,on a WinXP Pro laptop installation of PTC/ProEngineer Wildfire 5.Whenwe launchthe Pro-Engineer Application,we get a dialog box that says:

"Error: Unable to Launch Pro/Engineer because no valid configuration files were found. Please run "ptcsetup" from your installation "bin" directory and create PTC Startup File. This is needed for Pro/Engineer to launch successfully"

We navigated to the bin directory referenced in the above error. We thenran the ptcsetup.bat filewhichlaunched the installation window. We cycled thru the installation screens, and selected exit at the end after the installation configuration ends.There were no errors during this install phase. When we try again to launch PTC/ProEngineer, we are still get the same error mentioned above.

The user that we are running under is an Admin user.

Hi,

1. The psf file should be present in the BIN directory on Pro/E load point.

2. If you dont have a .psf there, Pro/E cannot start.

3. Run the ptcsetup.bat, and in the license server screen, you must correctly type in the license server or node locked. If the licenses are valid, then it shows all the license features in the screen.

4. Did try running "ptcstatus.bat" from the BIN directory?

This issue could even be a firewall issue, if step 1 to 4 are pass.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back