Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hide GD&T in Model

compujas

In an attempt to do thing "the proper way", I am adding all tolerances and GD&Ts in the model rather than on the drawing. Unfortunately, it seems that any GD&Ts not placed in a dimension show up on the model instead of being hidden until a drawing is made. I have encountered this with the datums created outside of dimensions as well, but those I can move to a different layer and hide them. I cannot find the GD&Ts in any layers, and would like to know how I can hide them so they don't show up in models and assemblies. Thanks.

Add config option model_note_display = no, then even after making GD&T u cant see the notes of all kinds. But in drawing u can call them by show & erase

smiley32.gif

Thanks. I will try that, but it sounds like it will only have an effect on my computer. I share the models with other people and would prefer it if there were a way to hide them in the model itself rather than through a config option. If there is no other way, then at least it's a start.

That config option doesn't seem to work. It doesn't seem that GD&T counts as notes. I have other 3D notes in the model that I can turn off via environment controls, but they remain even if I change that config option you mentioned. So I don't actually know what the option does, since it doesn't seem to do anything for me. But anyway, any other suggestions...anyone?

Well, I apologize. That was so recent I should've been able to find that myself. Apparently my search wasn't extensive enough. Anyway, thanks a lot, works like a charm.

Any links posted or files uploaded before the Great Flood don't work anymore.

I'm just wondering - do you still get a lot of use out of GD&T other than reference or documentation?

Any links posted or files uploaded before the Great Flood don't work anymore.

I'm just wondering - do you still get a lot of use out of GD&T other than reference or documentation?

We do use drawings, as for GD&T adding value to our product that's open to others evaluation. Back to my question: Doe anyone have way to control the hiding of this stuff on the model ??

The only way I can see to hide them in a model is through the annotation display. Putting them on layers doesn't work, which is weird.

GD&T are created as annotations, but seem to be treated like features. As such you can create a simplified rep with them excluded if that helps. You probably then have to do some juggling to get them in the drawing.

Thanks for the insight MGNT8, this info is sound as I recently checked with our Admin and got a similar reply. Pro-e is good at a lot of tasks but sometimes seems archaic, I guess all programs have areas to improve. Thanks for your time.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back