Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E Wildfire 3.0 Now LightWorks Enabled

Have they worked out the lighting issues? I don't have ARX so I wouldn't be able to tell but we've been thinking about adding it. I hear a lot of people talk about how ProE rendering will never be as good as other rendering engines because it can't create 'global lighting'. I don't know if that translates to the ambient lights as far as Pro is concerned, but does the newLightworks functionalityaddress that issue?

Teh are some very nice enhancments made for rendering in WF3.0 especially with ARX.

The "Lightwors" functionality was always ther ewith Photolux or ARX (as far as I'm aware). Lightworks are the company who develop the render engine in Pro.

The nice change for the lights is the direct manipulation on screen - works really well!

As for never being as good, well I wouldn't agree - they are just a little behind! :) The lightworks render enging in WF 3.0 is actually a few years old and the likes of Globab illumination and HDRI is supposrted by thte latest engine (again to the best of my knowledge) however we'll propable be waiting till WF10.0 for this years engine
smiley36.gif

Again - if you spend enough time you can always Fake GI it takes about 50 lights but you can do it!
smiley2.gif
as for the ambient light - I personally hate it an it's the first light I turn off when rendering!

James

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back