Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

External controllers for ProE models?

caddie

Hi,

I am looking for something I am not sure can be done. What I wantis to use external hardware to control a ProE property (like a mechanism model or a parameter value).

An examplewould be to have a simple wheel (like in a car) and by turning it, you send controldata to proe. It would make thefront wheels of an assembly carturn. This would have to happen real-time (otherwise I would find itquite useless).

Has anyone heard or seen anythinglike this in proe?Any other systems that can handle this that you know of?

Thanks!

View attachment 2018

Designing ProE video games???
smiley17.gif

I would recommend you start by trying to get the middle mouse roller to control a dimension. Not sure what interface you would have to use since I've not done any animation.

Good luck,

<tg>

Videogame: That's actually quite close to what I want =)

I want to test mechanisms of our products in their environment where we have risk of impact between components or with other structures.

can you give an example of what you are tryign to do? can you not just make a mechanism asm and then use the body drag to move the componets?

>"use the body drag to move the components?"

That's the method used today, with some difficulty. In our mechanism, there are quite a few connections. In using the body drag, you tend togetother joints to move instead of the one you intended. What I would like to have is a means of controlling connection by connection. "Slider A extends arm Ain cylinder connection A" and "Slider B rotates arm A around pin connection B".

Maybe I am missing a genious way of controlling "on the fly" what connection to modify in using the body drag? ie lock all connections but one.

View attachment 2033

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back